To go along with the trending new art form of using bottle caps and fun images to decorate things such as magnets and jewelry; here is an easy, fun project to create a personalized ornament that works well to top off a Christmas gift!
What you need:
- Pen or pencil
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue sticks
- 20 inches of 1/2″ ribbon
- Crafting Bottle caps (sold at craft stores and on Amazon)
- 1″ Epoxy Stickers
- Small pictures (The image needs to fit inside a 1″ diameter circle)
1. Start by laying the unsticky side of the epoxy sticker on the images you would like to use and outlining each one. (Make sure not to place your finger on the sticky side of the sticker as it will leave a fingerprint that will cover your image.) After outlining, cut out each image. If you happen to have a 1″ scrapbook punch, it would work well for this application.
2. Hot glue each image into the inside of a bottle cap.
3. Place the epoxy stickers, sticky side down, on top of the images and set them aside.
4. Cut your ribbon leaving an 8″ and a 12 ” piece. Put a very small dot of hot glue about 2 inches from the top of the small piece of ribbon and then fold the top over to create a loop.
5. With the loop at the top, evenly space the bottle caps on the ribbon and hot glue them into place.
6. Slide the other piece of ribbon through the loop and tie it, making sure to leave a larger loop to hang your new ornament on a tree.
You can use your new ornament to add a little something special to a gift or simply hang it on your tree as a keepsake ornament.