So this this craft was all about the kids for me. Last week, before the downpour of freezing rain, ice and snow, my son and I ventured out for some fresh air and collected most of the items we used. We had a blast discussing all of the materials we were gathering and just enjoying some peaceful time walking around our yard.
Here is what you need:
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- A 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ picture (wallet size) for each ornament you want to make
- A 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2′ piece of scrapbook paper for each picture
- Assortment of sticks and other outside treasures
- Ribbon for hanging
- Assortment of fun supplies (optional): Glue stick, Ribbon for decorating, Sharpie (if you would like to write the year of name of child), glitter, glitter glue, puff paint
My favorite part of this project is to let the children have a fun time exploring nature and then let them bring the fun inside to collage their treasures!
2. Work with your child to decorate the scrapbook paper as they see fit. I had each child help me line the edges with sticks and I hot glued them down. Then I let each of them arrange their masterpiece and I hot glued each of the items. My son used glue to frame his image with ribbon and to glue glitter to his sticks. I helped my daughters put glitter glue around the edges of their pictures.
4. Hang on your tree or sit on your mantle and enjoy!