Recently my grandmother turned 80 years old, and as a family we wanted to give her a nice keepsake gift to let her know how much we all love her. In our family, as in most, our strengths are all different, and we vary greatly in our creative and crafting abilities. Knowing this, we wanted to make it as easy as possible for each child, grandchild, and great grandchild to assemble a page of our memories with Grandma. My cousin created a simple page format that included a couple of pictures and an area to write favorite memories.
- A piece of scrapbook paper for each page of the determined book size (We used 8″x8″)
- Scrapbook paper for embellishments
- Scrapbooking stickers
- Scissors or Scrapbooking paper cutters
- Colored Pens
- Acid-free glue
1. For the first page, each family simply used a family picture and three words that describe my Grandma. I placed a strip of paper at the top, along with the selected shape framing our descriptive words. Then I added a double matte behind the photo, centered it on the page, and added a couple of flower embellishments.
3. My children each wrote a little bit about their memories with Grandma, and we even made a page for my dog that was particularly close with my grandparents. As you an see the format is very simple. 1) A section with handwritten memories (and drawn pictures from the kids), a couple of photographs, and a few embellishments.
My brother did 2 pages instead of 6, as this is more my thing. The quantity of pages is not what makes this book so special. It is that everyone put in a little time and effort to write a few memories and add a few pictures to show Grandma how much we love and appreciate her. Rather 1 page or 6- it will forever be something my grandma will cherish from our entire family.
I hope you have fun creating this thoughtful gift!!