I mentioned that I wanted to make a door hanger for each of my kid’s bedroom doors, and showed you a red “A” with my son’s school and sports pictures for my little guy. For both of my girls, I created a bright tulle wreath and added the pictures of the fun things in their life! Below, I have shown how I did this for my older daughter.
What you need:
- Wallet Size School, Sports, Dance or Special Interest Pictures
- Foam Wreath
- 2- 15 Yd rolls of tulle
- Wooden initial (Make sure the size you select will fit in the center of the foam wreath)
- Mini Clothes Pins
- Paint Brush
- Acryllic Paint
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
1. First paint your initial with the acrylic paint you have selected, so that it can be drying while you work on the rest of the wreath. I used a metallic turquoise and put on 3 coats. There are many options, including metallic, glitter, glossy, etc.
2. Next, cut the rolls of tulle into 22″ pieces. You will use all of both rolls to cover the wreath. Please note that I used the glitter tulle which has less on each roll than the tulle without glitter. You will want to have at least 22 pieces of each color for the wreath and one extra piece of either color to hang the initial.
3. Once the pieces are cut, begin looping them around the foam wreath as shown. To loop, you will fold the tulle piece in half and pull the two ends through the loop around the wreath. Tighten the ends so that they are loose around the outside edge of the wreath. The back of the wreath is shown here.
6. To hang the initial, loop your remaining piece of tulle around the wreath, but have the pieces hang inside the wreath.
8. Break a paperclip in half and bend the remaining prongs to insert into the top of the back of the wreath. 9. Hang the paper clip on the door. I use the 3M Command strip products on my doors to hang decor, so that I can remove the hanger cleanly at a later date.