Now that our kids have re-entered the halls of academia for another year of learning, we prepare for the next tradition of capturing that yearly head and shoulders’ shot! Yes! School pictures are just around the corner! Check out the tips below on how to prepare to get the best photo possible.
- Wear a solid color shirt. Whites and prints do not photograph well, but layering 2 different solid colors is okay.
- A small, simple necklace and/or earrings are just fine. Make sure to be careful not to go too large.
- Hair photographs best when left down with no adornments. Consider a light application of hairspray or gel, etc. to hold hair in place as best possible.
- When making clothing and jewelry selections, as well as when fixing hair, make sure to lean more towards more classic, not super trendy styles.
- Help your child practice smiling and sitting up straight, no slouching!
- Let your children know that school pictures are not scary. We are there to take a great pictures of them to share with everyone that loves them!
If you would like to see a short video with examples on this topic, as well as some “don’ts”, please click on the link below:
Have an awesome day!