Coming from a family that has several veterans who have fought for our safety and freedom, Veteran’s Day holds a special place in my soul. It is a day that I reflect on the courage and sacrifice that these men and women have made to serve our country. However, this year, instead of hearing what I have to say, I decided to see what kids think when they hear the word “veteran” because sometimes the words that come from the precious innocence of a child say it best.
- “Thankful!” – Emma, age 8
- “Hero!”- Hayleigh, age 11
- “They are really helpful and they saved our world!” – Aric, age 7
- “I think of someone who is brave.” -Lily, age 11
- “I think of freedom.”-John, age 8
- “Veterans sacrificed their lives for ours.” -Bryson, age 8
- “Veterans served our country.”-Boston, age 11
Veterans- Your sacrifice has not gone unnoticed. Please know your service is so very deeply appreciated and you have not been forgotten.