It may be too late to order Photo items, but it isn’t too late to make some yourself! For the next couple of weeks, I will be focusing on a few projects that involve making quick and fun DIY decor and gifts at the last minute.
This little piece is along the lines of my last two craft posts. It let me bring all three of my kids together in one artsy decoration that is fun to incorporate on a shelf or centerpiece.
Here is what you need:
- Wallet or Exchange size school pictures
- Paper Mache Christmas Tree
- Various Acrylic Paints (I chose yellow, gold and turquoise)
- Glitter Glue
- School Glue
- Metallic Scrapbook Paper
- 1.5″ circle punch
- 2″ circle punch
- Paint brushes
- Round Stencil Sponge (optional)
- Paint Pallet
- Cup with clean water to clean brushes
- Paper towels
- First, paint your Christmas tree
- Punch 2″ circles out of the metallic paper (one for each picture) and 1.5″ circles around each child’s face. Glue the picture to the center of the metallic circle to create the ornament.
- Glue the ornaments to the tree.
- Use the glitter glue, paint, brushes and stencil sponge to decorate your tree.
Happy crafting and Merry Christmas!