Some kids are naturals in front of a camera and love taking school pictures, but others, especially the younger set, may have a few reservations. To help calm your child’s nerves so that they can take their best school picture, here is a run down of what they can expect.
- Their teacher will line up the class and bring them to the Picture Day set up area, usually a gym or unused hallway.
- There will be large backgrounds (they look like big sheets hanging on poles), big bright lights and cameras sitting on tripods.
- Also, there will be photographers waiting there with a smile to greet them.
- The photographer will seat them on a stool or have them stand facing the camera, and help guide them to get into the proper position.
- Tell your child to remember to sit or stand up straight and smile naturally, as if they were happy to see you!
- The photographer will take the picture, and the bright lights will flash.
- After reviewing the picture on their laptop, the photographer will excuse the child to their teacher.
If you would like to know a few more details click here to view a video featuring our Photography and Video Coordinator, Joey Beaher, as he discusses Picture Day! Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have and relieve a few fears about picture day to make it an enjoyable event for your child!
Happy Picture Day!