I have two daughters that love to wear all kinds of fun earrings (and I don’t let my younger one wear dangle earrings yet). Being the DIYer that I am, I thought it would be fun to create our own post earrings. Doing it ourselves was super quick and easy, not to mention it will make a great gift that can be tailored to fit the recipient. We were able to make a couple of the specific earrings my girls wanted and it was so much cheaper!!! What you need:
- E 6000 adhesive (Found with crafting adhesives, usually in the sewing section in big box and craft stores. On a side note, this little product is awesome to glue rhinestones on dance costumes!!)
- Earring posts (They come in different sizes, so you will want to get the ones that fit the size of the object you are going to place on the front of the earring. For the Christmas trees below, I used a post with a small attachment circle and still needed to trim the edges just a little bit. For the larger round jewels and 3D stickers I used a post will a larger attachment circle.)
- Earring backs
- Whatever fun things you can find that you would like to see on an earring!
- 3D scrapbooking stickers
- Bling stickers
- Colorful beads or buttons (Add a personal touch to buttons by threading colorful thread in the holes before gluing to the post)
- Resin flowers
- Story Locket Charms
- And the list goes on and on!! Have fun browsing the craft store to see what fun things you can find!
Use the E-6000 to glue your earring ornament to the post and let it dry… That’s it!
My girls have been so excited to have fun earrings donning the colors of our favorite teams, seasons, holidays, and passions at a fraction of the price!!! These are going to be perfect for stockings and Easter baskets!!